Ruairi is an architect by training and has over 20 years of transactional/consultancy experience having previously been a Director of one of the global service providers. He has worked across South America/Asia, but has particular expertise on the West/North African markets.
Qualifications / Memberships
- BA (Hons) Architecture - RIBA 1 (South Bank University)
- Diploma in Architecture - RIBA 2 (UCL)
- MSc Real Estate Development (Columbia University, NY)
- Director - EMC Real Estate
- Director - CBRE
- Location analysis
- Portfolio restructuring
- Occupier consultancy - corporate workplace standards
- Design/programming analysis (CAD)
- Financial modelling
- International investment and sale-leaseback initiatives
Projects / Accomplishments
- Country strategy in Bangladesh - Acting on behalf of an educational user Ruairi travelled across the client's Bangladesh locations (Dhaka, Chittagong, Sylhet) reviewing their existing locations and developing a consolidation strategy.
- Office development advisory in Nigeria - Ruairi undertook concept design and developed a marketing strategy for a Nigerian developer for a proposed Grade A office tower on Victoria Island.
- Sale of surplus properties in Rwanda - Acting for a western government, Ruairi sold a former embassy and clubhouse in the centre of Kigali. The prices achieved were significantly in excess of target.
- HQ acquisition for an international bank in Algeria - Ruairi acted on behalf of a well-known bank looking to relocate its HQ to larger and more modern facility. Multiple options were identified and terms were agreed on a new HQ with retail branch in Bab Ezzouar.
- Portfolio valuation in Asia - Ruairi undertook a valuation of various residential and commercial buildings for a client with assets in Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi in Vietnam, and Vientiane in Laos.
- Investment advisory in Nigeria - Acting on behalf of a multinational pharmaceutical company, Ruairi provided investment/sale and leaseback advisory services relating to a new corporate HQ on the mainland of Lagos.
- Country audit in Ghana - Ruairi travelled across Ghana auditing the occupational portfolio of an international bank, providing a review of the existing position, including space us. The audit identified savings and optimisation possibilities.