Michael has over 20 years of experience and has completed many major projects throughout the Middle East and Africa having been based in the region. In addition, he has extensive portfolio valuation experience in the Americas, Asia and the Pacific.
Qualifications / Memberships
- BSc - General Practice Surveying
- MRICS - RICS registered valuer
- Director - EMC Real Estate
- Director - Knight Frank
- Partner - Cluttons
- Feasibility studies and project reviews
- Financial modelling
- Market research
- Acquisitions and disposals
- Property management
- Portfolio review and analysis
Projects / Accomplishments
- Valuation of the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office Properties - Successfully coordinated the valuation of the entire property portfolio of the British Government throughout the MENA Region involving some 23 cities. Also involved in the coordination and valuation of both the Asia and Americas portfolio.
- Feasibility study for major residential / commercial project in Accra, Ghana - This involved a review of a proposed high quality project, a review of the current market in order to assess demand, supply and sales rates and also a detailed financial appraisal to provide projected cash flows and analyse potential project performance.
- Full review of the property market in Kampala, Uganda - Michael undertook a full review of the Kampala market covering hotels, offices, retail and residential. The assignment was undertaken on behalf of a major UAE developer and enabled them to identify areas of opportunity within the market.
- Disposal of properties in Muscat, Oman - Michael was involved in the disposal of properties for both the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office and also for various local banks in Muscat. This involved agreeing appropriate methods of sale and successfully achieving targeted price levels.
- Property management - Michael managed a team in Muscat providing professional property management services to private clients in respect of high quality residential properties. Property management services were also provided in respect of a major retail property following an appointment by the commercial court.
- Portfolio reviews in Middle East - Regular review of entire property portfolios for major trading houses in the Middle East providing both indicative values and strategic advice on development potential and disposal policy.