James has over 20 years of experience with a focus on Africa and global frontier markets where he has completed major assignments in many countries. Projects have also been undertaken worldwide for Government and major private clients.
Qualifications / Memberships
- BA (Hons) - French
- MRICS - RICS registered valuer
- Director - EMC Real Estate
- Partner - Cushman & Wakefield
- Relocation analysis/market entry
- Portfolio restructuring
- Financial modelling
- Feasibility and risk studies
- Programme management
Projects / Accomplishments
- Operational/ownership strategy on Mozambique - Acting on behalf of an international bank, James reviewed the clients existing portfolio in Maputo, considered HQ relocation options (including stay vs go) and produced a strategy paper which also looked at risk/ownership issues.
- Sale of two major properties in Nepal - James sold two major properties in Kathmandu including a historic palace. Total sales value was approximately $20 million.
- Occupational strategy for industrial land in Brazzaville, Congo - James reviewed an oil clients existing portfolio of occupational property in Pointe Noire, which had been acquired on a piecemeal basis, looking at and modelling lease restructuring and improvement possibilities.
- HQ acquisition for a telecoms company in Algeria - Acting on behalf of a well-known telecoms corporate, James undertook searches of the market for a new HQ. Multiple options were identified and terms were agreed on a new building in Bab Ezzouar.
- Portfolio valuation in South America - James undertook a valuation of various residential and commercial buildings for a client with assets in Bogota in Columbia, and Quito in Ecuador.
- City strategy for an educational establishment in Sri Lanka - James advised a school with various assets in Colombo, providing a full review of the market and availability, options analysis and recommendations/next steps.
- Valuation in South Sudan - Acting on behalf of an NGO James undertook valuations for accounting purposes of operational properties in difficult locations, travelling across South Sudan and covering Juba, Malakal and Wau.