James has over 20 years of property experience of markets worldwide with particular experience in Africa, Europe, Asia and South America. He has completed assignments in many countries for clients including UNICEF and US Department of State.
Qualifications / Memberships
- BSc - General Practice Surveying
- MRICS - RICS registered valuer
- MCR - Masters in Corporate Real Estate
- Director - EMC Real Estate
- Partner - Cushman & Wakefield
- Relocation analysis/market entry
- Portfolio restructuring
- Financial modelling
- Feasibility and risk studies
Projects / Accomplishments
- Occupational portfolio review in Angola - Acting on behalf of an oil company, James spent several weeks in Angola carrying out a review of the client's properties (offices, residential, warehousing and land) in Luanda and Soyo.
- Valuation of a former consulate in Mexico - James visited Ciudad Juarez to undertake a valuation of a large city centre property for disposal purposes.
- Sale of warehousing and offices in Madagascar - Acting on behalf of a Western Government James sold various properties in Antananarivo, achieving prices in excess of their appraised values.
- Social and environmental impact study in Africa - James worked alongside a fund to establish the social and economic benefits to shopping centre development across Africa. Multiple markets were investigated including Ghana and Botswana.
- Acquisition of 2 hectare site in eastern Ukraine - James carried out a full market review of the land market for the development of a commercial compound in Poltava, within a 10 km radius of the city centre.
- Market entry in Kenya - Acting for an oil company looking to open an office in Nairobi, James produced a full market search and negotiated a managed solution in a city centre location.
- Investor feasibility studies in Africa - Advising an investor, James travelled through Africa carrying out feasibility analysis on various affordable housing projects. Countries included Kenya and Zambia.