Edward is a lawyer qualified to practice in the United Kingdom and Nigeria. Edward has over 15 years legal experience in Commercial Property and has worked for over 10 years in the Nigerian legal and real estate sector. Edward has worked in the Commercial / Real Estate departments of some of the magic circle law firms in the city of London and has gained substantial experience in the real estate sector in Nigeria.
Qualifications / Memberships
- BSc (Econ) Economics – (Queen Mary College, University of London)
- LLB Law – (Queen Mary College, University of London)
- PG Dip Law – City University London
- LLM (Queen Mary College, University of London)
- Barrister of Law – Inns of Court School of Law (London)
- Barrister of Law – Nigerian Law School
- QLTT (Solicitor’s transfer – UK)
- European Commission, DG Competirion, Brussels
- Freshfield Bruckhaus Deringer solicitors
- CMS Cameron Mckenna
- Cineworld Cinemas / UGC Limited
- Federal Capital Development Authority (Abuja, Nigeria).
- Sale / Purchase of Real Estate
- Company and Corporate Law
- Project and Real Estate Finance
- Corporate and Real Estate due diligence
- Construction contracts
- Sales and Leasebacks
- Drafting of legal documentation in respect of real estate, finance, corporate.
Projects / Accomplishments
- Edward has recently been involved in the property financing of a (acted on behalf of the promoter/developer) $35,000,000 high Rise residential building in Victoria Island, Lagos Nigeria.
- Purchase of plots totalling over US$3,000,000 in Asaba, Delta State.
- Acted on behalf of purchaser of number of properties in highbrow areas of Maitama and Asokoro, Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria.
- Act on behalf of top Nigerian banks in respect of mortgage documentations.
- Act on behalf of NNPC in respect of title registration in respect of landed property in Warri, Delta State.
- Act of behalf of government institutions and parastatals such as Federal Capital Territory and the Federal Housing Authority in respect of issues and advise in respect of landed properties.
- Acted for land owner in respect of due diligence and title documentation of its property portfolio in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria.
- Edward has acted on behalf of a number of tenants and landlords in respect of lease of both commercial and residential properties in Lagos and Abuja, Nigeria.